Wednesday, February 07, 2007

A new hope?

The day after my last post, I opened the local free paper, the Revue & News, and there was a nice article about our Lost gathering. Which was, to my knowledge, the first it had been advertised. So there is hope that this may yet turn out to be fruitful. Of course, the AJC had a huge article about Lost on the front page of the Living section and our gathering still hasn't made it in there, but there's hope.

Now that I've had a few days to reflect, I know- as I did then- that it wasn't the end of the world. That this church is going to happen because God is making it happen, that this was just one bump in the road. But I noticed something about myself that I didn't realize before- how much I really, really hate to fail. I mean, I just can't stand it. It drives me nuts.

That probably sounds better than it is, because with God, that can really get in the way. I have trouble getting out of the way and letting God work. I tend to try and do it all, rather than let God do it, because I'm afraid I will fail. And that's really what it is: fear. I'm afraid to fail. Which is why it's good for me to get humbled every now and then, so I can rely on God again and do so knowing that if something fails, it's not the end of the world. Because it's not. God is in charge, and I am not. So if no one comes tomorrow, we'll just stop, and that's OK, because God is in control, and I am not.

Now that I've been reminded that God's tap is still open, here's hoping the beer tap is too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home