Wednesday, January 17, 2007

A 1 year old in worship

As you can probably tell, I've got worship on the brain.

My 15 month old was in worship with me a week ago, and during one of the songs he was dancing. My first thought (of course) was "Wow, that is really, REALLY cute." And it was. But then I got to thinking about it. His vocabulary is very small, he can't walk 20 feet without falling, and he's probably too young to know anything about God or worship.

But there he was. Using one of the the few gifts he's tapped into- his body- and glorifying God in the process. And I think it made God happy. Really, really happy. Whether he knew what he was doing or not, I think it made God smile this big, huge smile of joy. And whether my son knew what he was doing or not, that's what worship is supposed to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home