Wednesday, January 31, 2007

I should go away more often!

I was gone at a conference all of last week, and while I was gone great stuff happened! We made significant progress toward finding a building, a musician to hire, a band to borrow, and being able to pay for it all. It calls to mind the prayer Pope John the 23rd used to pray every night: "Lord, it's your church, I'm going to bed." It also calls to mind something from Victor Hugo, "...go to sleep, God is awake."

Some more reminders that God was building this community before I even got started and God is still the one doing all the work now. It's not up to me. It's God. Always has been, always will be.

2 Comments:

At 7:21 PM, January 31, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's great! I'm happy that you all have had this good news. Hope your conference was good.

 
At 4:45 PM, February 01, 2007, Blogger River Pastor said...

oh, yeah- the conference was good too!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home