Wednesday, December 13, 2006

The emails from nowhere, that aren't

I get discouraged. Not all the time- most of the time, I'm pretty upbeat about how this process of birthing a church is going. But sometimes, I do get discouraged. I can't really put a finger on when it happens or why it happens sometimes and not others, but I know it happens. I have days where it feels like I'm paddling upstream and still going backwards, and it gets overwhelming sometimes.

I've noticed that when that happens, strange emails keep showing up. Emails from people that I've never met, or folks that I completely would not expect to get that kind of email from, and they all say the same thing: "You're doing great, the vision is great, I'm praying for you, keep it up. You're doing great, I'm praying for you, keep it up." It's happened over and over again, these emails from nowhere.

Those emails from nowhere are actually from somewhere. They are God working through unexpected people to encourage, strengthen and fortify me for the task ahead. I don't have a large community to support my work, so God is pulling at people from the strangest places and working through them to give me the strength I need. It's amazing. Wonderfully, powerfully amazing. God loves me, God is looking out for me, and God wants this to succeed and is going to make it happen. And when I forget that, God sends miracles to remind me.

I am truly blessed.

2 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, December 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Pastor. This is an email from Dothan, AL (the middle of nowhere?) & I'm writing to buoy you up with encouragement & prayer. What you are doing is SO important - and besides, you have the greatest website around. Prayers are with you! (Could use some back at me!) Pr. Laurie Williams, redeveloper at Triumphant Cross LC, Dothan

 
At 2:12 PM, December 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, I am praying for you, The River, and your family. Stay with the vision God has given you!

-RLH

 

Post a Comment

<< Home