Tuesday, April 10, 2007

75 ducks

Saturday- the day before The River's first worship- I went to an actual river, the Chattahoochee. I went to pray, to meditate, and to spend time with God before the big day. What I ended up doing for more of my time at the river was freezing my behind off, because it was about 45 degrees and windier than Chicago.

But at one point, I was thinking about how many people were going to come, and talking to God about my fears and worries that the crowd would be too small, when from the shore just next to me a duck swam out. It wasn't more than 15 feet away. You would think I would have known it was there, but I didn't until it swam out. I saw that duck, and what popped into my head was "If just one person finds it meaningful, it was worth it."

Turns out there were 75 people on Sunday. I don't know if all of them were ducks- my guess is that some found it meaningful, some did not. But if there was even one, then it was worth it. Worth it God, and worth it to me. And I think there were some who found it meaningful. While time will tell where we go from here, it was a good start, and that was all I could have asked. A good start.

1 Comments:

At 1:34 PM, April 10, 2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thought Sunday's worship was a good start, too. I was very happy to be there and I did find it meaningful. The setting was peaceful and it was nice to have time to meditate.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home