Monday, August 25, 2008

Me + Festival = Rain. Again.

You're welcome.

Once again, I went to a festival to promote The River. Once again, it had not rained in a long time. Once again, it poured. That makes me 5-for-5 since last August. Five festivals in a row that I have worked have been rained out. The three festivals I haven't gone to have been three perfect days. Yesterday, the festival was scheduled to end at 4:00. I showed up at 3:30 under cloudy but dry conditions. By 3:45 it was rained out and done. The other River folks who were there have now banned me from going to any more festivals. In fact, I have been instructed to bring a tent to Lake Lanier and have my own festival, thus replenishing our water supply.

Before I got there, we had a line 20 people deep. Check this pic out:



It was great to see a line of people trying to get to us! That was nice. So all in all, it was actually a good day. And I got to see this on the way home, which was also pretty cool.. According to Genesis, God sent a rainbow as a sign that God would never destroy the earth by flooding again. It would be tempting to think that this rainbow means that God will never destroy a festival by water again, but I think I'll stay away just in case. Far, far away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home