Monday, August 04, 2008

I have been to the mountaintop

I spent the last weekend on a retreat, called Via de Christo. That's Spanish for "The Way of Christ" (but I bet you knew that). This was a gift from some of the folks in The River- they invited me, drove me there, and even paid for me to go. And wow, was it some gift.

I get paid to share the love of God. That's pretty cool, and I am so thankful that I get to do that. But I don't get paid to feel the love of God. That's optional. But this weekend, I got to do that. I got to feel the love of God. To get wrapped up in it, to roll around in it, and to bask in it. I do this job to share that feeling with others, but I had forgotten how good it felt to feel it myself. It was refreshing, revitalizing, renewing. It was great.

It is also my hope for The River to be a way for lots of people to have similar experiences. Maybe through Via de Christo, but maybe not. The means is not the point, only that they get to feel it. That's what I want: for as many people as possible to feel the love of God like I did last weekend. Because God does love you! I felt the love. And it's really, really cool.

1 Comments:

At 1:05 PM, August 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Very cool! My mom has participated in Via de Christo retreats and loved them. Now she helps put them on, too. I'm glad you had a meaningful time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home