Thursday, May 22, 2008

Feeling the love

So, I had a wee bit of surgery on Monday. It wasn't a huge deal, but neither was it fun. I had a 'Squamous Cell Carcinoma' removed from my nose. If you're going to get cancer, this is a great one to get. The odds are very, very good that after this minor operation I won't have to worry about this little bugger again. Then again, it was cancer, and that's never a good thing to have. Now it's over, and I've just got to get this 10-stitch scar to heal and I'm all set. It looks like Harry Potter's scar tilted to one side a bit, and on my nose instead of my forehead. I'm waiting for my special powers. :-)

Before the surgery, I thought I would send out emails and let the folks I love know what's up. I don't really know why I wanted those folks to know, I just did. And as I added people's names to the email, and the list got longer and longer, I just couldn't believe how many names were on it. By the time I finally sent it, there were way more people on that list than I had ever expected. And I thought "Wow, there are a lot of people I care about."

Then the replies started coming back. Friends I hadn't talked to in awhile, family members I hadn't seen in years. And then I thought "Wow, there are a lot of people who care about me!" I gotta tell ya, that was a great feeling. It was so wonderful to get all those emails of love and support. I've never really had any kind of health crisis before, so this was new for me, but now I feel like I'm the most beloved person on earth. Cancer sucks, even this minor kind. But feeling this much love is just awesome. It really feels great.

Thanks, everyone! I love you too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home