Thursday, May 15, 2008

I made it rain. Again.

It's about an hour and a half before I need to go setup our booth for "Taste of Alpharetta." This is a festival that 60,000 people come to. The River is going to be there handing out balloons and doing face painting and sharing God's love and just letting folks know the church is out there. All of which sounds great, and would be great, if I wasn't going. Here's why:

Every time I go do this at a festival, it rains.

It's happened the last three times. The last two were complete rainouts. "Taste" is supposed to be 'rain or shine', but it's gonna be a whole lot more rain than shine. Last time I looked at the radar it was entirely filled with rain. North, south, east and west. The only dry places in three states were indoors. I doubt we'll get 6 people, never mind 60,000. All of which is lousy for growing The River, but is very good for Georgia. At last, the way to end the drought is clear. I just need to go to more festivals.

So if you know of any festivals, let me know. I'll go, and then we can take long showers again.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home