Wednesday, August 23, 2006

backdate July 21: Is your pastor King or Judge?

Saw a sign that said “Is your pastor King or Judge?” My knee-jerk response was “Well, I’m neither!” I’m not sure what the point of the sign was, since (I assume) most of the folks that drive by it aren’t pastors, but it did make me think about what kind of pastor I want to be.

I want to be a pastor who helps others meet God and be transformed. Not from afar or in faceless masses, but in personal and tangible ways. I want to help others by sharing my story, my journey, and also by encouraging others to share their stories. There are so many stories out there; we all have them, and mine are no better or worse simply because they are mine. You see, I am really not all that special. Unique, but not all that special, because we are all special.

I want to be a pastor who shares the privilege of doing ministry with others.
I want to be a pastor who is willing to step aside when someone else is better at a given task.
I want to be a pastor who serves.

That’s the kind of pastor I want to be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home